Have you been involved in a factory or warehouse accident?
Accidents in factories and warehouses can be very serious. At TLW Solicitors, with our experience of dealing with these claims, we recognise the many dangers in these environments, including heavy machinery and plant, working at heights, heavy manual handling, being exposed to hazardous substances, as well as slips and trips.
All employers have a duty of care to provide a safe work place to prevent or minimise the risk of accidents to employees. Employers are under a duty to provide adequate training, fully maintained and safe working equipment, personal protective equipment and generally safe working conditions and practices.
Health and Safety laws are complicated and constantly changing and each industry, employer, factory and working practice is unique. That is why it is important to work with a team of well-supported expert solicitors who have experience of accident at work claims.
Examples of accident cases that the team have dealt with include:
- Plant mechanic suffering severe burn injuries to the hands, face and torso after a steel drum used to burn waste paper exploded.
- Facial injuries caused to a power station worker whilst using a faulty drill.
- Factory maintenance engineer suffering crush injuries whilst moving machinery that fell on to his hand.
- factory forklift truck driver injuring his back when the wheel of the forklift became caught on defective flooring.
- HGV driver suffering head, neck and back injuries when unloading improperly packed boxes.
Factory and warehouse accident claims
Our team appreciate that employees may be worried about the potential implications of making a claim against their employer. TLW Solicitors are specialists in investigating factory accidents and running cases to get the best compensation as quickly as possible for their clients.
If an injury is very serious and responsibility for the accident is accepted early on, the TLW team can try to negotiate an early payment towards the final compensation to cover things like medical bills, rehabilitation or lost earnings.
To see if any of our specialist lawyers can help you, please get in touch.
For added TLC, think TLW Solicitors.