Skip to main content

Have you transferred your British Armed Forces Pension Scheme and lost out?

When they retire, members of the British Armed Forces, namely the Army, Navy and Air Force, receive one of the most generous pensions in the UK.

The Armed Forces Pension Scheme is protected by law and paid by the Government so is a secure and dependable source of retirement income. These pensions are index linked and pay-outs can be made to surviving widows/ers.

Despite the many benefits of the Scheme, some military personnel have been persuaded to transfer out of the Armed Forces Pension Scheme and have lost out as a result.

Compensation for Negligent Financial Advice

If you or a loved one have worked in the Armed Forces and have transferred out of the Pension Scheme following negligent financial advice, in turn, reducing the value of your pension pot, then you may be able to claim compensation.

TLW Solicitors specialise in helping clients who have been given negligent final salary pension advice. Until we get an up to date valuation of the pension that they would have had, clients sometimes do not realise how much they have lost out, which quite often is a significant amount.

Whilst some of these transfers were made many years ago, you may still be able to claim compensation if you are a former member of the Armed Forces’ widow/er or if the Independent Financial Adviser has gone out of business, has been taken over, or changed its name.

TLW Solicitors can help

If you feel that you or a loved one weren’t given the right pension advice, please call us on 0800 169 5925 or use our online form and our team will contact you for an initial, no obligation consultation, we can then let you know if we can help.

Time limits apply, so it is important to get advice as soon as you can.

For added TLC, think TLW Solicitors.

Request a Callback