Civil Litigation – Cavity Wall Insulation / Housing disrepair work
Experience: Litigation experience is essential – claimant experience preferable
- Running a caseload of fee-earning work in accordance with office procedures and making a profitable contribution to the department.
- Experience of working with Proclaim case management system is preferable but not essential.
- Compliance with the Solicitors Accounts rules, and the rules of the Professional Code of Conduct.
- Progression of claims, achieving best possible settlements for clients, litigating files when required
- Complying with all Court directions in a timely manner.
- Interviewing and advising clients and explaining complex legal matters, ensuring that advice provided is legally accurate.
- Providing a superior service to the client, ensuring that all client work is dealt with effectively and the client is kept regularly informed about progress and costs.
- Analysing, researching and summarising legal information/data.
- Ensuring good working relationships with external institutions and organisations, third parties, etc.
- Actively managing the financial aspects of all client files for which the fee-earner is responsible; cost drafting as appropriate.
- Transferring and sharing knowledge with other fee-earners and any junior members of staff
- Time recording of all work.
To do all such other things which are, in the reasonable opinion of the firm, ancillary, necessary or conductive to the role and responsibilities outlined above.
Team: Would be in a team of 2
Start date: ASAP