How safe are you on the road?
TLW’s Sarah Spruce highlights the five easy steps you can take to make sure you reduce your risk of a road traffic accident.
It’s always traumatic to be involved in a crash, and sometimes injuries can be so severe that they are life-changing. If you’ve been injured in a road traffic accident access to compensation can really help you.
Whilst we are always on hand to help with expert advice after an accident, we would prefer to see road traffic accidents prevented where possible, from our experience we know that some accidents are caused by avoidable issues, so here are five easy tips to make sure your vehicle is as safe as possible on the road.
- Tyres – make sure you know the correct tyre pressures for your car and check the tyres regularly. Check the tread at the same time to see if it is worn.
- Water – top up the coolant in your car when it needs it, and remember to check antifreeze in the winter. It’s very important to make sure your window-washer bottles are full – carry a spare bottle of water on long journeys.
- Wipers – worn wipers make the windscreen dirty, so change them once a year.
- Engine oil – this prevents damage to the engine, and needs a top-up now and again.
- Windscreen – even tiny chips can suddenly expand into cracks, so have any damage repaired straight away.
If these checks are tricky for you then enlist some help from a friend or even a mechanic. Don’t skimp, either, on proper maintenance such as new brake pads – they can mean the difference between life, injury or even death.
We realise, though, that accidents do happen, even with the most stringent of safety checks and the safest driving practices. So if the worst does happen, that’s when you can turn with confidence to TLW for expert assistance – when it comes to road traffic accident claims, we’re firmly in the driving seat.
At TLW, our team of experienced lawyers is there to assist clients who have sustained injury in a road traffic accident that was not their fault. For more information on how we can help with road traffic accident claims or to speak about any of our legal services at TLW Solicitors, call 0191 293 1500 or email email@example.com