Berkeley Burke SIPP Administration Limited, a financial services and investments provider, entered administration on 18th September 2019.
The Administrators, Adrian Allen and Diana Frangou of RSM Restructuring Advisory LLP will contact investors to explain the next steps. They have sold Berkeley Burke SIPP Administration Limited’s SIPP business to Harley Pensions Ltd, which will manage the remaining assets in clients’ SIPPs. Clients will be offered the option to move their investment to another company or product if required.
If you have transferred your pension into a SIPP and lost money on your investments, it may be that those investments were not appropriate for you or your SIPP. Where a SIPP provider goes out of business, compensation claims up to the value of £85,000 can still be made through the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
You may be entitled to compensation if:
- Your financial adviser encouraged you to change your investments without properly explaining the reasons why;
- The investments which your adviser chose for you were actually unsuitable for you;
- Your SIPP pension has fallen in value despite assurances from your financial adviser that it would increase;
- Your financial adviser failed to properly inform you of the risks involved in certain types of investments.
Looking ahead to the possibility of other financial providers defending similar claims, Peter McKenna, Partner and Head of the Financial Mis-Selling team at TLW Solicitors commented:
“It will be interesting to see whether another SIPP company pursues a Judicial Review once they are on the wrong end of a Financial Ombudsman Service decision and how many other SIPP firms follow Berkeley Burke SIPP Administration Ltd into administration.”
Working on a ‘no win – no fee’ basis, TLW’s experienced team can help you through the compensation process. Our clients are reassured by our knowledge and experience of FSCS procedures and, indeed, we have had FSCS claims successfully upheld for clients whose claims had previously been refused on purely technical grounds.
Time limits apply to cases like this and so anyone wishing to bring a claim should do so without delay.
Meet Peter, Peter is a TLW Partner and Director of the Financial Mis-Selling team.
Peter is on hand to give you the best advice.
- Always fight your corner.
- Explain anything you don't understand.
- Provide full transparency on our charges.
- Never ask for any upfront payment.
- Recover the best compensation we can.
- Keep your personal information safe.
- Respond quickly to any queries.