Litigation Solicitor / Legal Executive [ref:TLWLS010419]
|Closing date:||16/04/2019||Positions available:||1|
(depending on skills and experience)
|Contract:||Permanent||Contracted hours:||Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm|
TLW are looking for an experienced Litigation Solicitor / Legal Executive (4 -10 years PQE) who is passionate and committed to working for and with consumers, some of whom are vulnerable, and businesses in a range of civil disputes.
We are looking for someone with great technical expertise but who are also commercially aware.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the CPR, Practice Directions and associated case law. They must have experience of dealing with complex, multi defendant litigation. Experience of Group Litigation and high volume litigation would be an advantage.
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties will include:-
- Overseeing court deadlines and associated tasks;
- Mentoring junior team members;
- Communicating appropriate advice to clients;
- Researching and keeping up to date on case law, the CPR and pre-action protocols;
- Drafting pleadings, schedules of loss, briefs to counsel;
- Instructing and liaising with Counsel and expert witnesses;
- Preparation of trial bundles and assisting junior team members with the same;
- Attending CMC’s and application hearings and conducting advocacy if appropriate.
- Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- Part time hours would be considered but a 3 day week minimum is essential.
- Some travel and overnight stays may be necessary subject to court listings.
Qualifications and Skills
The main focus is experience of the litigation process itself and that you make your own contribution and recommendations to the progression of cases and continue to assist the department’s development.
- Must be experienced in pre-trial preparation / disclosure / attending court.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback.
- Active listening skills, including the ability to probe and gather further information.
- Negotiation and persuasive skills.
- Effective time management, including the ability to prioritise and organise work effectively
TLW Solicitors are a friendly, forward-thinking, successful firm of solicitor’s. At TLW we specialise in various aspects of civil litigation.
We are committed to providing an open and consultative working environment where we strive to share knowledge and experience and actively encourage team interaction and development.
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity in our recruitment practices and will not discriminate on the basis of age, marriage and civil partnership, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, sex, gender reassignment or pregnancy and maternity. TLW Solicitors offer free on-site parking, training and development, childcare vouchers and healthcare.
Unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applications, therefore if you have not received a response from us within four weeks of the closing date, you will not have been shortlisted for interview.