Litigation Paralegal [ref:TLWLP010419]
|Closing date:||16/04/2019||Positions available:||Multiple|
(depending on skills and experience)
|Contract:||Permanent||Contracted hours:||Monday – Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm|
TLW are looking for experienced Litigation Paralegals who are passionate and committed to working for and with consumers, some of whom are vulnerable, and businesses in a range of civil disputes.
We are looking for people with great technical expertise but who is also commercially aware. Experience of Group Litigation and high volume litigation would be an advantage.
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties will include: –
- Taking instructions and witness statements from clients;
- Providing appropriate legal advice to clients.
- Preparing Instructions and Briefs to counsel.
- Issuing court proceedings and drafting of Particulars of Claim.
- Issuing and drafting any necessary applications to Court.
- Preparing trial bundles.
- Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- Part time hours would be considered but a 3-day week minimum is essential.
- Some travel and overnight stays are likely to be necessary.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with first class client care skills;
- The ability to work effectively within a team and on their own initiative;
- Time management and organisational skills, including the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Analytical skills, including the ability to understand and assimilate data quickly;
- IT literacy.
TLW Solicitors are a friendly, forward-thinking, successful firm of solicitors. At TLW we specialise in all aspects of personal injury law, including road traffic accidents, accidents in the workplace, and industrial disease cases as well as professional negligence and financial mis-selling/consumer law.
We are committed to providing an open and consultative working environment where we strive to share knowledge and experience and actively encourage team interaction and development.
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity in our recruitment practices and will not discriminate on the basis of age, marriage and civil partnership, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, sex, gender reassignment or pregnancy and maternity. TLW Solicitors offer free on-site parking, training and development, childcare vouchers and healthcare. Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to all applications, therefore if you have not received a response from us within four weeks of the closing date, you will not have been shortlisted for interview.