Have you sustained a brain injury or head injury that has affected your life?
A brain injury can be caused by a blow to the head, tumour, stroke or an infection. Brain injuries can occur as a result of road traffic accidents, assaults, slips and trips, falls, sports injuries and concussions. Concussions can occur as a result of even what seem to be minor accidents.
If your injury has not impacted your head or brain, you may want to check our serious injury claims page.
However, not all brain injuries are accidents. If you think you may be eligible to claim brain injury compensation, the team of expert head injury solicitors at TLW can help.
Each year an estimated 1 million people attend hospital A&E in the UK following a head injury. Many more people suffer injuries which are not reported and not assessed by a medical professional.
Headway – The Brain Injury Association estimate there are 500,000 people living with disability in the UK as a result of a traumatic brain injury.
How to spot a brain injury
Symptoms of a brain injury include:
- Inability to remember the cause of the injury or events that occurred immediately before or up to 24 hours after
- Confusion and disorientation
- Difficulty remembering new information
- Blurry vision
- Nausea and vomiting
- Ringing in the ears
- Trouble speaking coherently
- Changes in emotions or sleep patterns
These symptoms could indicate that you’ve suffered a head injury and may be eligible to make a brain injury claim, depending on the circumstances that led to your injury.
For more information, please see our Brain Injury Infographic and Guide to Care Options:
- Part 1 – Emergency & Hospital Head Injury Treatment
- Part 2 – Post-Hospital Head Injury Rehab & Funding
- Part 3 – Brain Injury Support in the Community
- Part 4 – Care Navigators & Returning to Work after Brain Injury
- Part 5 – The Importance of Sleep after Head Injury
- Part 6 – Brain Injury Support & Financial Assistance
- Part 7 – Long Term Effects Of Head Injury
- Part 8 – Assistive Technology for Traumatic Brain Injury
How Can TLW’s Brain Injury Solicitors Help You?
As experienced brain injury solicitors, we have been helping people across Newcastle and the North-East claim compensation for over 15 years. If your injury was caused by an accident that was not your fault, you may be entitled to head injury compensation.
In addition to our expert legal input, we have produced a helpful guide which outlines the range and sources of support and information available to people who have had serious injuries in the North East of England. Our personal injury team can also guide you through a spinal injury claim if your spine has been affected by your injury.