Skip to main content

Have you transferred out of the NHS Pension Scheme? You may be entitled to compensation.

Despite concerns about the dwindling value of NHS pensions, as they are a final salary pension, a form of Defined Benefit pension, they are generally much more favourable than most private pension schemes available on the open market.

Defined benefit pensions provide guaranteed pension income from retirement up until death. For this reason, even on the advice of an Independent Financial Adviser, it is rarely appropriate to transfer an NHS pension into a private scheme such as a Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP).

If you or a loved one have worked in the NHS, as a:

  • Consultant
  • Doctor
  • General Practitioner
  • Dentist
  • Nurse
  • Midwife
  • Pharmacist
  • Physiotherapist
  • Radiologist

And they have transferred out of the NHS Pension Scheme following negligent financial advice, reducing the value of your pension pot, then you may be entitled to claim compensation.

Compensation for Negligent Financial Advice

TLW Solicitors specialise in helping clients who have been given negligent final salary pension advice. Whilst some of these transfers were made many years ago, you may still be able to claim compensation if you are an NHS employee’s widow/er or if the Independent Financial Adviser has gone out of business, has been taken over, or changed its name.

Until we get an up-to-date valuation of the pension that they would have had, clients sometimes do not realise how much they have lost out, which quite often is a significant amount.

TLW Solicitors can help you

If you think that you or a loved one weren’t given the right pension advice, please call us on 0800 169 5925 or use our online form and our team will contact you for an initial, no-obligation consultation, we can then let you know if we can help.

Time limits apply, so it is important to get advice as soon as you can.

For added TLC, think TLW Solicitors.


Request a Callback