Skip to main content

Were you a civil servant who transferred out of the Civil Service Pension Scheme?

If you or a loved one were a Civil Servant and transferred out of a final salary pension scheme, then you may be entitled to compensation.

Many Civil Servants have been told by their financial advisers to transfer their risk-free, government – backed Civil Service Pension, also known as a defined benefit pension, to a  private scheme, including Self Invested Personal Pensions (SIPPs) and may have lost out.

Pension Transfer

As final salary pensions are a very solid and dependable source of retirement income, there must be a strong reason to transfer this into another private pension. The advice to transfer was given by a range of Independent Financial Advisers including agents from some well-known and trusted brands such as:

  • Abbey Life
  • Aegon UK
  • Allied Dunbar
  • Aviva
  • Co-Operative
  • Friends Provident
  • Legal & General
  • Lloyds TSB
  • Norwich Union
  • Pearl Assurance
  • Prudential
  • Scottish Amicable
  • Scottish Widows
  • Standard Life
  • Sun Life
  • Zurich

Compensation for Negligent Financial Advice

TLW Solicitors specialise in helping clients who have been given negligent final salary pension advice. These claims can be high value, with many clients not appreciating how much they have lost until we apply for an up to date valuation from their previous pension provider. This valuation shows what the pension may have been worth had it not been transferred.

Whilst some of these transfers were made many years ago, you may still be able to claim compensation if you are a Civil Servant’s widow/er or if the Independent Financial Adviser has gone out of business, has been taken over or changed its name.

TLW Solicitors can help

If you feel that you or a loved one weren’t given the right pension advice, please call us on 0800 169 5925 or use our online form and our team will contact you for an initial, no obligation consultation, we can then let you know if we can help.

Time limits apply, so it is important to get advice as soon as you can.

For added TLC, think TLW Solicitors.


Request a Callback