TLW Solicitors are looking for an experienced and driven Operations Manager who can coach, lead and motivate our teams to perform at their very best; to assist the organisation in running a smooth and efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of our clients and customers.
The Operations Manager will be required to liaise with team members, including interacting with managers within different areas of the organisation, presenting findings to Partners and our management team, as well as tracking and measuring staff performance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Company in planning and making sure the business is adequately resourced
- Working with Partners and managers to set goals and objectives both within individual departments and firm wide
- Training managers to ensure everyone is performing in their role
- Work with internal and external finance team to develop budgets and financial projections
- Managing budgets and costs effectively in respect of the planning process
- Ensuring key performance indicators are in place and targets are met
- Implementation of any new policies and procedures relating to our processes
- Establish new workflow, procedures and systems to ensure work is being handled as efficiently as possible
- Liaising with ICT Manager to ensure our in-house IT systems are fit for purpose; ensuring our internal case management system is utilised to its full potential
- Develop systems to allow the monitoring and reporting of work progress to third parties
Key skill required:
- Leadership – leading teams from different departments to achieve organisational goals
- Communication – ensuring that communication is ongoing and effective between different departments to ensure smooth transition of matters between them
- I.T. – keeping up to date with I.T. systems in the workplace while having an understanding of emerging technologies.
- Presentation – Presenting ideas and results to different stakeholders across the business including staff and senior management
- Team working – fostering an environment of teamwork to ensure that all services are delivered on time and company goals are met
- Initiative – The ability to work alone and take a lead when hurdles arise or when tasks require completion
- Planning – staying ahead of the game and ensuring that plans for the future are clearly labelled out for everyone to follow
- Problem solving – Adapting to the ever changing environment and reacting quickly to meet challenges.
There is no need for any specific legal qualifications but a background in operations/systems in a legal/professional services firm is desirable.